December 18, 2009

flossing question


The second ribbon has been sewn along the busk.


They blend in nicely. I'm quite happy with this solution. Then the boning was slipped in.


I cut the bones to leave 1/4 inch at the top and bottom of each channel, but it's tighter than that. Here a pin marks the end of the boning.


Including seam allowances there are four layers of fabric at each end, but since it's just ribbon fused with batiste it's not that heavy. I feel like flossing is important to prevent poke through. I was going to go with the top design from this sampler.


But I'm thinking of changing the color to the same fuschia as the ribbon because the orange needs a bit more space visually. More than is on the sample. At least I think so. Your 2¢?

6 comments:

  1. The corset looks so very neat and well done, I love it. And since it looks so clean and well tailored I'd choose a soter colour than orange for the flossing. Maybe the same fuschia colour or a lighter pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with the same color or maybe black. But then, I'd wear all black all the time if I could get away with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color choice should be yours. I wouldn't even think of making a suggestion for such impeccable work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say def the same colour as the ribbon but black flossing sounds pretty good too. I love hot pink and black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and done with such precision. Wow. I love orange and fuschia as a colour combination, but I'd go for the same colour in this instance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much all for the input. Fuschia it is.

    ReplyDelete